Understanding the science: Why do we need removals?
The science is clear. We need carbon removals as well as deep emissions reductions and adaptation to tackle global warming. There is no net zero without carbon removals. Decarbonization can (and should) get us most of the way to zero – but we need removals on a gigatonne scale by mid-century to balance those emissions that we are not able to eliminate.
In this webinar, an esteemed panel of world-leading experts will provide accessible insights and perspective into the current scientific basis supporting this assertion. Join us to gain a solid grounding in the facts, and a clearer framework for why immediate policy action is required to accelerate carbon removals advancement now.
- Dr. Viola Becattini – Senior Scientist, ETH Zürich.
- Dr. Sabine Fuss – Head, Sustainable Resource Management and Global Change Working Group, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Dr. Oliver Geden – Head, Research Cluster Climate Policy and Politics & Vice-Chair, IPCC Working Group III
- Dr. Steve Smith – Executive Director, Oxford Net Zero and CO2RE
- Moderated by Dr. Gabrielle Walker – Rethinking Removals
Carbon Removals @ COP