Carbon Dioxide Removals – Taking stock and preparing the next round of NDCs
This side event delves into the status of carbon dioxide removal (CDR) in international climate policy in the context of the Global Stocktake, the next round of NDCs as well as long-term strategies, and features with key experts from across science, government, civil society, and technology.
You will hear from the IPCC and State of CDR Report authorship, as well as from representatives of three critical regions for CDR – the EU, UK, and US – on strategies to close key technical and governance gaps including interoperable MRV, transferring mitigation outcomes, and multinational cooperation. Join us at the European Union Pavilion, where we hope to crystallize key issues necessary for international negotiations to secure a sustainable path towards climate neutrality.
- Eli Mitchell-Larson (Co-founder, Carbon Gap and Associate, Oxford Net Zero)
- Oliver Geden (Senior Fellow, SWP and Vice-Chair, IPCC WG III)
- Kurt Vandenberghe (Director General, European Commission, DG CLIMA)
- Annie Hills (Senior Advisor to the U.S. Special Envoy for Climate)
- Helen Bray (Vice President Policy, Puro Earth)
- Gideon Henderson (Chief Scientific Advisor & Director General for Science & Analysis, UK Department for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs)