Multi-Level Action for a Warming World
From 10.30 to 11.30, this event will feature a panel on carbon removals.
Against the backdrop of COP, where the stakes for collaborative action on climate comes to the fore, Foreign Policy will host a morning of thoughtful discussions on decarbonization, carbon removal, gender equality, and climate resilience efforts across sectors. As the world converges on solutions for a warming planet, this forum underscores the need for and the powerful effect of collaborative and inclusive efforts across various levels of governance and society.
Climate challenges transcend borders, and effective action demands unprecedented cooperation and the full participation of women and underrepresented communities. This forum will spotlight coordination across all levels of government and multilateral institutions as well as the vital contributions of non-state actors. Conversations will showcase how strategic alliances can scale solutions through cooperative engagement, policy innovation, and market development, and how safeguarding and restoring our planet’s ecosystems are vital to strengthening climate, energy, and economic security around the world. We will also take a deep dive into the climate and socio-economic returns from investing in women-driven solutions.
Convenings at COP are not merely discussions, but urgent exchanges among visionaries and changemakers that are designed to meet the existential threat of climate change with actionable strategies. Join us to engage with the policymakers, industry experts, and thought leaders who are actively shaping the blueprint for a climate-smart future, and driving the innovation and collaboration necessary to effect meaningful transformation on a global scale.
- Inger Andersen – Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and Executive Director of The United Nations Environment Programme
- Brad Ack – CEO, Ocean Visions
- Gabrielle Walker – Co Founder, Rethinking removals and CUR8
- Bilha Ndirangu – CEO, Great Carbon Valley
- Christopher Armitage – Director, Secretary & CEO, Global Evergreening Alliance
- Bama Athreya – Deputy Assistant Administrator, USAID
- Nikki Batchelor – Executive Director, XPRIZE
- Jasmine Boehm – Director of Change Management & Inclusion Tetra Tech, USAID Engendering Industries
- Dr. Sanjeev Khagram – Carbon Removal Lead, UN High Level Climate Champions
- Dr. Mekala Krishnan – Partner, Mckinsey Global Institute (MGI)
- Ali Mohamed – Special Envoy on Climate Change, Kenya
- Alyse Nelson – President and CEO, Vital Voices Global Partnership
- Maureen Agnes Njeri – County Executive Committee Member (CECM) For Business And Hustler Opportunities, Nairobi City County Government
- Zainab Salbi – Co-Founder, Daughters For Earth
- Hady Sherif – Executive Director for Commercial And Regulatory, Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC)
- Hnede L. Berrian-Sillah – Senior Manager, Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC)
- David Thompson – Acting Coordinator, Power Africa
Additional speakers to be announced.
- Global Carbon Removal Partnership
- Daughters For Earth
- Vital Voices
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Arizona State University