Scaling durable carbon removals: What role for MRV and GHG accounting?
The market for durable and high integrity carbon removals is growing. Yet, its foundation is a patchwork of monitoring, reporting, and verification (MRV) frameworks, accounting methodologies, and certification schemes. This event will look at efforts to develop more robust approaches, while identifying opportunities to tackle fragmentation and build investment security.
- David Ungar, Managing Director, Carbon Finance Labs
- Dr. Jennifer Wilcox, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary in the Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management, US DOE
- Kensuke Shiomi, Ph.D, Assistant Director, Global Environment Affairs Office, Industrial Science and Technology Policy and Environment Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Japan
- William McDonnel, COO, IC-VCM
- Olga Gassan-Zade, Senior Advisor, CarbonLimits and Member of the Article 6.4 Supervisory Body
- David Antonioli, CEO, Verra
- Michael Avery, CEO, 1PointFive
- Patrick Burgi, Co-Founder, South Pole
- Sabine Frank, Chief Executive, Carbon Market Watch